When writing SEO-friendly content, you want to make sure you focus on the reader first and for search engines second. Although SEO is important for ranking purposes if your content does not satisfy the user’s search intent then it will be pretty hard to rank because user experience, click-through rates and dwell time are all factors that Google recognizes for GOOD content and will result in higher ranking.
Once you have brainstormed and done some keyword research for your main topic then you want to write out the structure in a systematic format that makes sense and flows well. Think about every question a searcher could have for that given topic and answer it as thorough and helpful as possible.
Now here are some good tips about how to do perfect SEO in 2020 for a blog when writing:
How to do Perfect SEO for a Blog in 2020?
- Create a catchy title– You want to catch the reader’s attention quickly and describe perfectly what your article is about. Add word modifiers like best and top to increase click-through rates.
- Use H1, H2, H3 headings correctly– You want to have your targeted keyword or phrase in your H1 tag which should be your first heading always. Then use LSI keywords which are simply related keywords to your main keyword for H2, H3 and so on.
- Short Paragraphs-Most people rarely read through entire blogs or articles so make sure you break them up into small paragraphs of 3–5 sentences so people can easily skim through and find the answer they are looking for.
- Optimize Length– When writing a blog or article you want to search for the top 10 current results on Google in order to get a good idea of the average word count. This will help your content to get a better chance of ranking, simply write longer and more thorough content than the competitors.
- Optimize meta description and title tags– The meta title and description will be the first thing searchers see when coming across your page on the SERPs. You want to optimize this to catch the reader’s attention quickly. Make sure you add your keywords in the title and description accordingly, don’t repeat your keywords instead make it look natural and compelling to the eye.
- Add Images and Videos– Going into 2020 visuals will be more important than ever because people love visuals. If you can add custom images that will catch the reader’s attention you will be able to increase there dwell time on your page. Videos are another must-have if you want to gain a competitive advantage over your competitors that probably are not adding videos in their blogs/articles. Not only will this be beneficial to the user experience but you can also get extra SEO juice from including ALT text in the images with your keywords and also from the video title.
- Interlinking & External linking– When writing you want to include links to any previous resources that could help the reader from within your own site. This will help SEO and be beneficial to the reader that can gain extra information about a given topic. Then you also want to include outside sources to link out to in order to give your information credibility for the users and in the eyes of Google. Both of these tactics work very well for increasing authority and relevancy for your website.
- Use keywords in URL slug– Adding your main keyword in the slug will give your page that extra ranking boost as well as is easier for the reader to identify what the page is all about. Don’t make your URL too long instead try to make it short and to the point.
You can also read: Top 12 Social Media Marketing Tools