Started as a photo-sharing platform, today Instagram is one of the largest online markets. As a result, how to make money on Instagram is one of the most searched topics on the internet. The increasing popularity of Instagram is an example of a good marketing strategy developed by the Company.
In fact, Instagram creates an opportunity for everyone. There are many options to make money that offers lower amounts for less effort and huge amounts for higher ones. What can you do with your Instagram account?
Make Money Through Instagram Marketing
Information About Instagram
Instagram is a relatively new platform. Established in 2010, the platform has just 8 years of history. However, it becomes one of the leading social media platforms in such a short period. Today, it is announced that the platform has 500 million monthly active users. Instagram users upload more than 95 million photos every day. “Like” button is tapped more than 4.2 million per day.
The success of the platform is built upon the adaptability to the needs of the users. For instance, in 2016, the Company introduces the story option. People are able to share more than just photos. In October 2016, the daily active user was less than 20% of monthly active users while this increases more than 60% in September 2017. The data shows how the daily traffic is increasing in the Platform. Time spent on Instagram is increasing by 80 percent every year.
Today, the platform is more than a personal account. In 2017, over 30 million US businesses 21 million use Instagram for business purposes. It was 48 percent in 2016 and rise to 70 percent in 2017. It is expected to reach 82 percent in 2018.
The Potential of Instagram Marketing
No matter the size of the business, Instagram has a huge potential for all businesses. The data shows the potential.
- According to Forrester, brands regular engagement with total followers is 4 percent while this is less than 0.1 percent on Facebook and Twitter.
- According to Iconosquare, 70 percent of Instagram users search for a brand in the platform while 62 percent already follow at least a brand.
Despite this business sensitivity of the Instagram users, only 36 percent of the marketers use Instagram while it is 93 percent for Facebook.
These show, there are still many opportunities you can catch up but start before missing the train.
Can I Make Money On Instagram?
As mentioned above, Instagram presents opportunities for all types of business or even a person to make money. For instance, you can share sponsored posts, become an affiliate or sell your own products from the platform. The more you make an effort, the more you make money.
However, like other platforms, there are significant points that will be too late if you learn on the way. Which posts have you shared most? How many posts should you share a day? What should be the content? How many Instagram followers to make money? What are the tricks to increase the number of followers?
The Rules Of The Instagram
Each platform has its own rules and Instagram I not an exception.
- The limitation of hashtags is 30 for each post. However, the use of too many hashtags is not an advantage. Even it may reduce the visibility of your posts. The optimal number of hashtags is 5-10. Use the most relevant hashtags.
- Unlike Twitter, the optimal post frequency is 1 or 2 posts per day.
- Although there is no character limitation, the optimal length of the posts is 138-150. Too long posts are not effective at all.
- Location tags are an effective way to increase engagement rates. Posts with locations tags get 79 percent more engagement.
- “Face” is a good promotion tool for Instagram posts. Photos with face get more likes.
- Like other social media platforms, the uniqueness and user-generated content are also rewarded by Instagram users.
Tips For Instagram Marketing
How much money can you make on Instagram depends on your knowledge about the efficient use of Instagram?
Use a Business Account
First of all, you need an Instagram account. If you already have one, make sure it is a business account. You can do it from the settings part. Advantages to having a business account:
- Followers can directly contact you.
- You don’t need Facebook to create and publish your own ads.
- You can access Insights that are analytics tools of the platform. So you can obtain data about your posts.
Insight allows you to understand the profile of your followers. You can analyze the statistics about each post. Even, you can get some demographic properties of your followers like age, gender, location and most active hours. Based on these, you can create and schedule your content.
Use Instagram Stories
Since released to the market in 2016, Instagram stories are one of the most popular tools of the social media platforms. They are different from posts since they are in a slideshow format.
- Instagram stories differ from regular Instagram posts
- They are in a “slideshow” format like more Snap Shots.
- They have just 24 hours lifetime.
- They appear at the top of followers’ timelines.
- You can use different types of contents like photos, short videos, live videos, rewind videos or Boomerangs.
- Face filters, texts, stickers are allowed.
- You can tag other accounts.
Create Product Teaser Posts
Generally, what makes people following an account is true information and curiosity. Use images that make your followers curious about your brand and write content including where they can find more.
Create Sponsored Adds
Using the results of Insights, you can create posts and pay some amount of money to reach more people other than your followers. The size of the audience will change according to the budget you reserve for it.
Collaborate with Influencers
Becoming an influencer is one of the easiest ways to make money on Instagram if you have a good network. But neither all the users are lucky enough nor they have sufficient time to become. If you are not an influencer, it is a huge advantage to collaborate with one. So, your posts can reach more Instagram users with higher saleability.