Now the question comes, how can beginners build a proper social media presence fast? Here are some social media marketing tips for beginners:
Quick Tips on Social Media Marketing for the Beginners
Do Extensive Research and Choose Your Social Media Platform
When you start working on social media as a beginner, you have to make a social media marketing plan. Rather than trying to work on all platforms together, you should select one or two social media platforms and concentrate on those. Lots of beginners make this mistake, and at last, they quit.
To select the social media platform that is most suitable to the niche of your website or blog, you have to find out the proficient leaders in your niche and should analyze where they have got success. For example, check out the number of Facebook fans, Google+ followers, Twitter followers, etc. of the leaders of your niche. If you find out that they have 20,000 Facebook fans, but only 2000 Twitter followers, then it indicates that Facebook is more suitable than Twitter for your niche and also for promoting your product or service. You can then concentrate, work, and spend more time on Facebook rather than Twitter or other platforms for your niche. You don’t want to promote your product to the wrong set of clients. So, doing extensive research and picking up the right social platform on your own will be great for your future success.
Optimize Your Profiles on Social Media Platforms
In the beginning, when you have decided which social media platforms you are going to use, you have to optimize your profiles on those platforms. Your profile optimization increases the chances of getting more followers. For profile optimization, follow these rules:
- Use a photo of yourself or the company logo.
- Write a description of yourself or your company. (For example, your expertise or company background)
- Give a hint to the visitors what type of information you will share (like SEO or SMM tips etc.)
- Include a link to your website. For example, On Facebook, you can include a link in the ‘About section’ on Google+ in the ‘Contributor to’ section, etc.
Link Your Blog or Website to the Social Media Pages
The next step is to link your website or blog to each of your social media pages. For each platform, there is a specific procedure to follow, and it must be done correctly. For example, to connect your website with your Facebook page, you should add Facebook ‘Like Box’ or ‘Fan Box’ to your site.
Add Social Media Buttons to Your Website
Besides connecting your website with the respective business pages on social media, you should add social media buttons to your website or blog so that visitors can easily share your content. Keep in mind that large buttons get more click.
Find out and Follow the Popular and Influential Leaders in Your Niche
One of the great social media marketing ideas is to find people to follow who are influential in your niche. This is vital because you have to build up your group of followers steadily. It is evident that at first, they are not going to follow you as you have a new account and no followers.
You have to follow the famous or influential people in your niche for the reasons below:
- Following the leading people in your niche is similar to show them that you are also part of that niche.
- Famous people are likely to get followed by others as well. So, if you follow the followers of a famous person, there are chances that some of them will develop you back too.
- These people will undoubtedly share useful and essential information about the niche. Therefore, you have an opportunity to learn something new and re-share that with your followers.
Maintain a Balance Between Following and Followers
Another vital social media marketing strategy is that when you start following people on social media platforms, you should remember that it is always better to maintain a balance between the number of the following (the people supported by you) and the followers (the people follow you back). In social media, the influential people in a niche have healthy or balanced profiles.
This is really important because:
- Software applications of social media use the ratio (followers/following) and make suggestions on ‘who to follow.’ So if the rate is high, your chances of getting new followers are minimized.
- It is also about building up a trusted profile. For example, a pattern with 650 followers and 610 following is more trusted than the other with 800 followers and 1500 following.
- At present, a balanced social media profile is also better for SEO ranking.
Share Interesting and Attention-grabbing Content
Sharing exciting content to the visitors or followers is the basis for starting a successful social media marketing campaign. Sharing of useful content can get you more re-shares. Thus, you can get more visitors to your site, and in some cases, more customers as well.
Interesting contents may be text, images, or videos. It includes:
- Articles/Stories/Pages related to your niche, but not only from your website.
- Research studies
- Motivational Quotes related to your niche or others
- Vital statistics about your niche
- Funny stuff – you can share a funny image or video, a joke to make your followers smile.
- Use hashtags (#) in the networks that support it (Google+, Twitter). Hashtags can make your content more searchable.
Post Many Times a Day, but Don’t Overdo It
People who are beginners in social media marketing have the same question in their minds that “how many times should I post per day?” It depends on the platform.
Several social media marketing best practices for posting are:
- Facebook personal page – Posting can be done as many times as you want
- Facebook business page – Posting should be done no more than 1-2 times per day and no more than seven times per week.
- Twitter – The more you tweet, the more publicity you get.
- Google+ Business page and Google+ profile page – As many times as you want, but don’t overdo it.
- Pinterest – A few times posting per day is enough.
Remember to Follow Back
It happens that most people forget to follow back those who have already followed them. They only focus on how to get new followers. It will be wise to grow the habit of viewing the people who are already following you and then decide who to follow back. This should be done regularly to get real social media marketing effectiveness. Otherwise, the chances are that some will un-follow you, and for this reason, you may sometimes find that the number of your followers has decreased.
Follow the Rules of Social Media Platforms with Patience
To control spam, social media networks have specific rules. For example, there is a limit on Google+ on the number of people you can add or delete from your circles; there is a limit on Twitter on the number of people you can follow per day, etc. So, while doing social media marketing, you have to follow these social media marketing rules. It means that it will take some time to make thousands of followers.
You need to be patient because if you try to break these rules, your account may get suspended. Therefore, take your time and try to create a high social media profile that stands over time.
Set Some Well-Defined Goals
Set your social media marketing goals or objectives so that you know what you want to achieve. For example, your goals can be:
- Creating awareness regarding your brand or product
- Engaging users with your brand/product on a day-to-day basis
- Converting new customers into sales
In conclusion, I hope that the above stated useful tips for earning money online using social media marketing will help you to achieve your desired success in social media platforms. It is always best to work on your social network connections to grow your customer or client base. Proper and smart uses of social media platforms will ensure marketing, promotion, and also selling of your products or services to real people. Thus, it will be easier for you to grow your business and eventually to make money.