Everybody wants traffic, but how to increase your blog’s traffic? Very few can do it. The difference between the high traffic blogs and low traffic ones is the content they are generating. Content is the main reason when someone comes to your blog. If they are not getting what they want, why would they bother to come there again? Right?
So, if you want to increase your blog’s traffic, generating awesome & regular content should be your priority. Here’s simple logic, even if you generate traffic by various unpaid & paid means and your content sucks, then it will backfire.
The best way to increase traffic is to create content that is useful and updated regularly. Nobody wants to read the information that us outdated or poorly curated. The key here is to create useful, relevant, updated content with the right facts.
If you want to know the number of blogs, then the number doesn’t matter as long as you’re creating kick-ass content. Enjoy writing and the numbers would build up simultaneously.
To increase your blog’s traffic, you need to do a few things:
- Make sure that you are using phrases in your title that people are searching for on Google or Bing, etc
- Make sure the keywords you want to be ranked for are used enough times within your blog post
- Insert some good quality high definition images into your blog posts and use the keywords in the title, alt text and caption of the image wherever possible.
- Make sure your headline is clickable by having good emotionally charged words in it.
- Don’t forget to change the meta description (the bit that shows what your post is about on Google results). You need this to be clickable and it should also include a call to action such as click here or learn more.
- Don’t try to appeal to a general sector of society. The more niches and specific your post is, the more it speaks to a specific person the more likely they are to click through and visit your blog.
You can also read: Instant SEO Busting Strategies
Here are a few tactics to increase your blog’s traffic
Answer questions on the topics you’re interested in helping other people. You can always insert a few links to your website (if the topic is related). This will help to generate quality organic traffic to your blog.
Promote your Blog on Social media
Promote your posts as much as possible. Create social media accounts for your bog. To increase awareness, you need to put up good content there. The content should engage and useful at the same time. Select social channels according to your target audience. The captions of the content should interest and compel the reader to check out & share it. Also, the content should include relevant keywords. You should at least be promoting them on:
Add Social sharing buttons on your blog
Add social sharing buttons on your blog so that the website visitor can share a good piece of content in no time. Also, you can re-share good performing content on your social pages.
Request indexing for your blog posts
Also, to increase your blog’s traffic you need to make sure that you are requesting indexing for your blog posts as you publish them, otherwise it might take months for Googlebots to get around to reading and indexing your post. This might be why you are struggling to get organic traffic. No one will visit if Google doesn’t know it exists.
Interact on various groups or pages
Engage in conversations on various pages or groups relevant to you. You can refer people your blog’s link if it suits the conversation. You need to be careful here as a lot of links would spam the feed and can backfire.
- Promote your blog in your email signature and your bio in any online profiles.
- Invite readers to leave a comment, then respond and let them know you’re engaged.
- Fix your Blog’s SEO
Start with an audit that covers the following points:
- Understanding keywords that you are already ranking for and the positions for the same.
- An in-page audit of each webpage to make sure you are in search engine friendly.
- Amend the blog based on the results to make sure you are covering all the major points that search engines consider.
- Keep the URL links of your blog articles according to the keywords